Haven't done one of these posts for quite some time and thought it might be time to do so again, especially as we have just been celebrating National Library Week! Here are a few links shared by library staff this past week ...
- On April 14th, Laurie StL shared this Youtube video with a great tribute to libraries:
- CheckItOut - Taylor Swift Parody Video for National Library Week
- Sue C said she "would like something to the Sound of Music", and suggested trying:
"High on a hill was a lonely book cart
Yodelahee, yodalahee, yodelahee hoooo
There was a music CD that no one else heard
- I shared a link on April 14th to an article from Publishers Weekly about eBook & online retailer sales with some good charts and interesting statistics:
- E-Books Gaines, Online Retailers Slipped in 2014
- Brian B said it was "Interesting to note that in the second graph, sales via e-commerce declined along with shopfront bookstores. The big winners were book fairs, who doubled their share, and the "other" category."
- On April 16th, Marcia Mc shared a lThe Booklist Reader link with a blog post from one of the district's own. Marcia was pleased Sue D mentioned Middendorf-Kredell's book discussions for tweens:
- And here's one more link I found this weekend while catching up on some publisher newsletters. From the lovely folks at Penguin Random House Library Marketing: