More fun came at the end of the meeting with everyone participating in a 'Group Think' six degrees brainstorming session! Titles were thrown out, connections were made, and the result was a great on-the-spot Six Degrees list ... :-)
Impromptu ‘Group Think’ Six Degrees Exercise
1. How to be a Good Wife by Emma Chapman – a woman wakes up not trusting her husband.
2. Before I Go to Sleep by S. J. Watson - the main character wakes up every day and
doesn't remember anything then gradually begins to wonder if things are being hidden from her.
3. ‘50 First Dates’ feature film - due to a car accident, a young woman can’t remember anything from day to day. Her family tries to keep her from being traumatized (again) by pretending each day is the same until a young man becomes romantically interested.
4. The Descendants by Kaui Hart Hemmings – a story of family trauma dealing with a wife and mother on life support after an accident and the husband’s discovery of her involvement in secret affair.
5. A Perfect Murder - feature film with Michael Douglas, Viggo Mortensen and Gwyneth Paltrow; a remake of Alfred Hitchcock’s Dial M for Murder, where the husband learns of his wife’s secret affair and hires someone to kill her.
6. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn – when his wife disappears on their 5th anniversary, the husband is assumed to have killed her especially when her friends tell the police she was afraid of him and had been keeping secrets.
Titles and connections courtesy of:
Lisa K (KR), Sheri K (DE), Sue D (MK), and Lucy L (the RAT Queen)